The war on Gaza has been devastating on lives and properties; almost all sectors of Gaza’s civil infrastructure have been destroyed. Since many of us feel helpless these days, it might make you feel better to donate whatever you can to any of the following reputable charitable organizations:
1. United Nations Relief and Works Agency: UNRWA is the primary institution which has been helping Palestinian refugees for the past 60 years, it provides educational, healthcare, and food distributions in all refugee camps in the Middle East. Although the organization is affiliated with the United Nations, it’s mostly being funded from none UN sources.
2. Palestine Children’s Relief Fund: PCRF is one of the most active organizations on the ground who specializes in helping injured Palestinian and Iraqi children; their work has directly affected thousands of lives in occupied Gaza Strip, occupied W. Bank, Iraq, and Lebanon, click here to see news coverage for PCRF’s activities.
3. American Near East Refugee Aid: ANERA is a leading provider of development, health, education and employment programs to Palestinian communities and impoverished families throughout the Middle East.
It should be NOTED that all of these charitable organizations
* are not affiliated whatsoever with any political group,
* have been faithfully serving the Palestinian people (especially the refugees) for generations, and
* your donation will be tax deductible and completely legal, especially here in the United States.
For those of you who live in the Chicago area, I like to draw your attention that Palestine Children’s Relief Fund’s local chapter is in the process of holding it’s first annual fund raising dinner on March 22nd, 2009, I urge all local members to participate. For more details please email or call:
Dr. Khaled M. Abughazaleh
Be free to share this email with your friends and loved ones.
Our DATE is 60 years LATE, God willing we shall return.
Abu al-Sous (Salah Mansour)
Chicago – USA